None of the news you want - all the news you need!
October 20, 2003< Prev PostPermalinkNext Post >
This week was Marriage Protection Week! In honor, here's an article about how only 50.7% of America is actually married: "Unmarried America"
"Marriage Protection Week" (ugh)
A great, funny article on sex and marriage:
I should get into this business... "Execs who are tech dummies seek secret training"
Some interesting facts about Wal-Mart, which is making a push to open hundreds of new "supercenters":
- It's the world's largest company, equaling 2.5% of the GNP.
- It had $245 billion in revenues in 2002.
- 82% of American households made at least one purchase at Wal-Mart.
- Wal-Mart accounts for 15 to 20% of ALL sales of CDs, videos, and DVDs.
- It sells 32% of the nation's disposable diapers.
- Wal-Mart represents 10% of all U.S. imports from China.
- The average Wal-Mart worker lives under California's poverty line.
- Nearly 200 communities to date have refused Wal-Mart.
"Is Wal-Mart Too Powerful?"
"The Great Wal-Mart Wars"
"Wal-Mart, Driving Workers and Supermarkets Crazy"
A summary of the launch of iTunes for Windows this week:
- The iTunes music store now represents 70% of all music downloads.
- The iPod is the #1 music (MP3) player, with 31% market share.
- 10 million songs were sold in 4 months.
- 200 independent labels will have signed up by the end of the month.
Today's modern kids comment on vintage video games - Pong, Donkey Kong, Handheld Football, Tetris, Space Invaders, and more... Niko: Hey—Pong. My parents played this game. Brian: It takes this whole console just to do Pong? Kirk: What is this? [Picks up and twists the paddle controller] Am I controlling the volume?
< Prev PostPermalinkNext Post >
Finally, on an artistic note, beautiful painterly abstract photos taken from the sides of boxcars: